Twothirty Media Inc. (“Paul Jarvis,” “me,” or “I”) welcomes you. I invite you to connect to and use this course website, including, without limitation, thecreativeclass.io and creativeclass.io (the “Websites”).
You alone are responsible for your actions and the results of your freelance business, which depend on personal factors including your skills, abilities, knowledge, connections, and financial situation, just to name a few. I offer no warranties or guarantees regarding results. When addressing financial matters, I’ve taken every effort to ensure I accurately represent the lessons and their ability to enhance your freelancing business. However, by purchasing this Program, you accept and agree that you are fully responsible for your progress and results (and those results will obviously vary). Any statements outlined are my opinion and thus are not guarantees or promises of actual performance. And if you have a question, ask it.
The Websites are only available for people aged 13 years or older. If you are 13 or older, but under the age of majority in your jurisdiction, you should review this Agreement with your parent or guardian to make sure that you and your parent or guardian understand it.
Code of Conduct for The Creative Class
MISSION: To foster the growth of every freelancer who joins the Creative Class in a safe and welcoming online space.
The Creative Class Community (TCCC) community is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form.
This code of conduct applies to all TCCC spaces, including our slack channel, website comments, as well as any other spaces that TCCC hosts. Anyone who violates this code of conduct may be sanctioned or expelled from these spaces at the discretion of the TCCC administrators. If the complaint is against an administrator, that administrator will remove themselves from the discussion.
- Be respectful of everyone
- Be tolerant of everyone
- Be a decent human being to everyone
- Help other freelancers in their journey without pushing your own personal views
Participants are responsible for knowing and abiding by these rules.
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, and employment (or self-employment)
- Deliberate misgendering or use of ‘dead’ or rejected names Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behaviour in spaces where they’re not appropriate
- Physical contact and simulated physical contact (eg, textual descriptions like “hug” or “backrub”) without consent or after a request to stop
- Threats of violence
- Incitement of violence towards any individual, including encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm
- Deliberate intimidation
- Stalking or following
- Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes
- Sustained disruption of discussion
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Pattern of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease
- Deliberate “outing” of any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent except as necessary to protect other GF members or other vulnerable people from intentional abuse
- Publication of non-harassing private communication
TCCC community prioritizes marginalized people’s safety over privileged people’s comfort. TCCC will not act on complaints regarding:
- ‘Reverse’ -isms, including ‘reverse racism,’ ‘reverse sexism,’ and ‘cisphobia’ (because these things don’t exist)
- Reasonable communication of boundaries, such as “leave me alone,” “go away,” or “I’m not discussing this with you.”
- Refusal to explain or debate social justice concepts
- Communicating in a ‘tone’ you don’t find congenial
- Criticizing racist, sexist, cissexist, or otherwise oppressive behavior or assumptions
If you are being harassed by a member of The Creative Class Community, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact email@example.com. We will respond as promptly as we can.
This code of conduct applies to TCCC sponsored spaces, but if you are being harassed by a member of the TCCC community outside our spaces, we still want to know about it. We will take all good-faith reports of harassment by TCCC community members, especially bloggers, seriously. This includes harassment outside our spaces and harassment that took place at any point in time.The abuse team reserves the right to exclude people from the TCCC community based on their past behavior, including behavior outside TCCC spaces and behavior towards people who are not in the TCCC community.
In order to protect volunteers from abuse and burnout, we reserve the right to reject any report we believe to have been made in bad faith. We are not here to explain power differentials or other basic social justice concepts to you. Reports intended to silence legitimate criticism may be deleted without response.
We will respect confidentiality requests for the purpose of protecting victims of abuse. At our discretion, we may publicly name a person about whom we’ve received harassment complaints, or privately warn third parties about them, if we believe that doing so will increase the safety of TCCC members or the general public. We will not name harassment victims without their affirmative consent.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, TCCC may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from all TCCC spaces and identification of the participant as a harasser to other TCCC members or the general public.
NO WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THE WEBSITES AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING THAT THE WEBSITES WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE WEBSITES, THEIR SERVERS, OR THE CONTENT ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR SIMILAR CONTAMINATION OR DESTRUCTIVE FEATURES.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAWS: (I) WE SHALL NOT BE SUBJECT TO LIABILITY FOR ANY DELAYS OR INTERRUPTIONS OF THE WEBSITE FROM WHATEVER CAUSE, AND YOU AGREE THAT YOU USE THE CONTENT AND THE WEBSITES AT YOUR OWN RISK; (II) WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES’ RIGHTS, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR USAGE OF TRADE; (III) WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO ACCESS AND USE THE WEBSITES OR THE CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
IF YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITES OR THE CONTENT RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA, WE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAWS.
THE WEBSITES MAY CONTAIN TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS OR OMISSIONS. UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAWS, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SUCH TYPOGRAPHICAL, TECHNICAL, OR PRICING ERRORS LISTED ON THE WEBSITES. THE WEBSITES MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION ON CERTAIN PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, NOT ALL OF WHICH ARE AVAILABLE IN EVERY LOCATION. A REFERENCE TO A PRODUCT OR SERVICE ON THE WEBSITES DOES NOT IMPLY THAT SUCH PRODUCT OR SERVICE IS OR WILL BE AVAILABLE IN YOUR LOCATION. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES, CORRECTIONS, AND/OR IMPROVEMENTS TO THE WEBSITES AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE.
If you're a freelancer looking for a contract, this is gold! https://t.co/gPko8aecBA— Richard Child (@thisincludes) November 17, 2015